Health Benefits of Coffee
Here are a few more benefits of drinking coffee which the average person or coffee enthusiast may not realize or know about.
- Helps cut the pain – drinking coffee pre-workout can help a person’s energy levels and overall improve their workout. But drinking a cup or two after workout can cut post-workout muscle aches and pains by up to 48%. This study was cited in the Journal of Pain, March 2007.
- Increase your fiber intake - the recommended daily fiber intake is 20-38 grams, drinking a brewed cup of coffee represents a contribution of up to 1.8 grams.
- Protection again cirrhosis of the liver - This is something that all drinkers of alcohol should understand if you want the fully protect the liver against cirrhosis. One should fully quit drinking.
- Protection against Parkinson’s - Various research over the years shows that coffee drinkers have a reduced risk of Parkinson’s even when genetic factors come into play.
- Reduced risk of heart disease - Many research studies have found that consuming 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day reduce the risk of getting heart disease. Consuming at least 3 cups a day lends to develop less calcification in their coronary arteries.
- Lowering risk of multiple sclerosis - It is believed by many researchers that coffee prevents the neural inflammation which is believed to be one of the leads to the disease developing.
- Prevents Retinal Damage - Chlorogenic acid (CLA), which is one of the strongest antioxidants is found in coffee beans.