What are the benefits of drinking coffee?
Often times coffee has been given a bad name. As far as priorities go coffee is generally one of the first items banished from a diet if and when people decide to diet or go on a cleanse. But people fail to understand its not the coffee thats doing bad for them in fact most of the times its what you have in your coffee; SUGAR!
Here are some of the convincing reasons why coffee can and should be considered good for you…
1. Increase in Memory - Its been found in various studies including the 2005 study at the Radiological Society of North America. That consuming 2-3 cups of coffee a day can help increase your short term and long term memory. Researchers also presented that consuming 2-3 cups of coffee a day can also significantly lower the risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
2. Fighting or Preventing Depression - According to a 2011 report in the “Archivers of Internal Medicine,” women who consumed 2-3 cups of coffee a day were 15% less likely to develop depression.
3. Coffee Increase Metabolism - Coffee is one of the things which helps boost metabolism and aids in weight loss. Coffee has many friendly properties such as chlorogenic acid which has been linked overtime to decreasing glucose absorption; and ensuring that the body properly flushes sugar out of the body.
4. Helps combat Diabetes Risk - Several notable medical journals over the years has said that if a person has diabetes type 2 in your family, drinking coffee can lower your risk by up to 50%. Again coffee has several properties such as polypeptide which prevent and combat against abnormal protein fibers from developing.
5. Increases Endurance - Coffee has been linked to sports for many years. Athletes often times drink coffee before having a workout as it increase energy levels and also helps increase endurance.